Shir has been working and volunteering as a researcher in art institutions for the past ten years. She moved to the Bay Area from Israel four years ago, after working as a provenance researcher at the Company for Location and Restitution of Holocaust Victims' Assets for over four years. During her time there, she worked with numerous museums and archives in Israel and Europe.
Shir participated in the following conferences:
- Jews on the Move: Exploring the Movement of Jews, Objects, Texts and Ideas in Space and Time (University of Edinburgh, Scotland, July, 2017)
- (Dis)Place: New Directions in the History of Art in Israel (Tel Aviv University, Israel, May 2017)
- Jewish Museologies and the Politics of Display (University of Leeds, UK, 2016).
- The International Forum on Restitution of Holocaust Era Cultural Assets in Israel (Tel Aviv, 2014).
- Provenance Research Training Program (Germany, 2012, Zagreb, 2013 and Vilnius, 2013).
Recently published paper:
- The International Journal of Art and Art History 3(1), pp.83-97: The Value of Objects: A Case Study in Material Culture (2015).]