The Jewish Federation of the Sacramento Region was created in 1921 and incorporated in 1948. It was preceded by the United Jewish Welfare Fund (1934-1948) and the Jewish Community Council (1947/1948-1961) in administering Jewish communal affairs in the region of Sacramento, Calif.
The collection contains correspondence; minutes; annual reports; historical and financial materials; newspapers and bulletins; membership and donor lists; information on fundraising and on religious and cultural community activities; and papers from the early 1970s on a proposed merger of the B’nai Israel and Mosaic Law congregations.
Jewish Federation of the Sacramento RegionSize
1 linear ft. (2 document boxes)Collection #
BANC MSS 2010/744 (WJHC 1979.009 AR1)Publication Date
January 1, 1944